Tuesday, August 26, 2008

CHAPTER TWO

After revealing my Singing Competition Plan, I headed home to prepare for it. I picked out the songs which I plan to sing and tried it all. A few hours later, i received a knock on the door.

"Hey babe! I heard about the SCP. Are you sure? I mean it's that with schoolwork and all. It's an important year. Well, if you're really, really sure. Of course I'll support you!" Tara, my other best friend, appeared and rambled.

I shot her a what-the-hell-look and started giggling. It was so just Tara to say everything in one breath.

I have known Tara since eighth grade and we've gotten from then on. She was the rock-and-roll girl with multiple earrings type. Whereas i, am the total opposite of her. Not that I'm bragging or anything. But I'm the perfect straight As student who is being chauffeured to and fro from school. The kind who has strict parents and has to sit round the dining table for all my meals. Well, as the saying goes, opposites attract.

You may be wondering if my parents would approve of Tara. No, no. This story isn't something like the movie Spider Lilies. We're straight. Perfectly. Well, yes, my parents approve my friendship with Tara. Because, although Tara does not look like your typical the-girl-next-door kind, she is a great friend and makes a even better babysitter for my baby sister, Jeanette.

Despite all our differences, we have one thing in common - our parents. Currently, my parents are undergoing WWII and her parents are having the Cold War. Conversations in her house would go like this, "Tell him to pay the bills", "Ask her where my tie is"

So anyway, I told Tara the songs that I've decided to sing for the auditions and we even had a trial too. At the end of the song, I asked her for her opinions.

"Hmm... Alright. But, this song is sooo slow. It's like a lullaby! Maybe something faster would be better. You know, like, Jimmy eat world's Always Be? That's so muchhhhhh better!" Tara suggested, then started singing the lines of the chorus. I stared at her, and burst out laughing again, amused.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home