Monday, August 25, 2008

CHAPTER ONE

“Guess what,” Rain looks up from her book and raised her eyebrows at me. We were studying at the library for the holidays.

“I’ve decided - tell her - to go for it,” Rain raised her eyebrows a little higher.

“The competition. You know, the singing competition?” Rain stared at me, searching my face for signs of me joking. But when she found none, she frowned.

“Are you.. sure?” I responded by nodding earnestly.

“Sure, you’ve a great voice and all. But, aren’t you being a little, say, ambitious?” Rain replied uncertainly.

I sighed. “I know, but you do know how much I enjoy singing. I would also really like to know if I actually do have the potential. Forget about what people will say. I just want to go after it. After my dream.”

“But...”

“Don’t try to discourage me. I’ve made up my mind. I’m prepared to face embarrassment and all. I am,” I cut her off and smiled gently at her. Rain shrugged and went back to her book. Well, at least I think I am.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home